Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Rest of the Weekend



To finish up what I didn't tell you in the post below... Todd Jr came home for the weekend. He was home briefly over Labor Day, but this was the first full weekend he's been home since school started. Great to see his smiling face and catch up on what's going on with him. He brought me a present - laundry - lots of laundry. If you get a chance, ask him what "mix and match" means... I'm sure you'll be enlightened.


I didn't mention much about the celebration after the soccer game. I thought I'd give you a visual instead.




Can you say "dehydration and heat exhaustion?" Adam and Marcus Hoover succumbed to the heat and opted for the ambulance ride to the hospital instead of the celebratory fire truck ride that their teammates were taking.
Adam literally left it all on the field. After giving him two bags of IV and glucose (his sugar was 58), and cooling him down, he was free to leave feeling somewhat like a pin cushion. He was so dehydrated that they had a hard time getting his veins to cooperate with them. Oh well, it makes for an interesting story... He's feeling much better today with orders to drink, drink, and drink some more. At least Wednesday's game is in the evening. Right now the forecast says it should be about 60 degrees with 40% chance of rain. I think we'll pass on the rain, but the 60 degrees will be great.
So Todd is heading back to college, and I'm a little lonely once again, but I'd much rather have him where God wants him than home with us.



No comments: