Sunday, October 7, 2007

Time Flies...

It's been a while since I've had time to post. So much has happened, so I'll try to get all caught up.

Daniel turned 10. We had celebrated with his friends before school started so on his actual birthday we spent some time together at home. He hit double digits this year...time goes by so quickly!

Last week Todd Sr and I and Adam and Daniel went to Fort Wayne for the day. We ate at Flat Top Grill, which was wonderful, saw the movie Game Plan which was actually worth seeing and totally appropriate for all ages, and then we went and drove some go-carts. We weren't sure if Daniel would be able to drive his own car or not. Last time we went, he didn't meet the height requirement so he rode with me. This time, he was just over the 58" requirement, so he got to drive his own. Of course, Todd and Adam, being extremely competitive, lapped Daniel and I twice. I decided to stay in the back and look out for Daniel, which I then took a lot of flack for from the guys. Once a mother, always a mother.

As we were leaving, Daniel was walking a little taller, quite proud of his newly found freedom. He shook his head a little, and remarked, "I suddenly feel older." Older...it's all relative. I feel "older" too, just in a different way.

Todd Sr. also had a birthday. He may be 41, but he's a kid at heart. It's a lot fun watching him interact with Todd, Adam and Daniel. Under all of the joking and teasing is a father's love that wants to teach, train, protect and inspire. He does all of those things in a wonderful way.

1 comment:

Marci said...

What wonderful celebrations! Happy birthday to both of them :) I hope you all have a great week.

PS - I am really enjoying your blog