Monday, January 21, 2008

Amazing life

I am blessed. Every time I think about posting an update, my mind is full of ideas and wonderful things to share. Is everything always wonderful? No, of course not, I'm still human (though not forever!). I choose to focus on the things that bring me joy and peace, and here are a few of them.


Todd Jr. was home for Christmas break, which was wonderful. Now that he's gone back to college, the house is a little quieter and a little bit emptier. I miss the frequent piano concerts, the long talks, and the "perfect" cup of coffee. I find great joy, though, in watching him live out his faith each day as he seeks after God's direction for his life. Ashley came to visit for a couple of days while Todd was home which was really fun. She is a wonderful young woman with a quiet confidence. We went to Bella's together, played Blokus, and shared her with our friends. Can't wait to have her visit again!





Adam is in his final term of high school. He's counting down the weeks. He is on two different indoor soccer teams that start this week, so we'll keep busy with those. He's working on his fundraising for his Kenya mission trip and looking forward to college life. He makes me laugh, sometimes way too hard, especially at myself, and I love our talks about serious things or nothing much at all. He went to Stardust last Saturday which is a girls-ask-the-guys dance with Lindsey who is a close little sister kind of friend. Our families know each other well, and so it was quite funny to show up to take pictures with Marc (Lindsey's dad) decked out in his camo attire with his shotgun. Lindsey is, after all, a freshman, and this was her first "date." Camo, shotgun, enough said. We had document it with a comical picture.



Daniel... If you haven't already, you just have to meet him and spend 10 or 20 minutes talking to him to know what a remarkable young man he is. His wisdom is beyond his years, and he keeps us all on the right track. He has the capacity to love so deeply and unconditionally and has a heart for his classmates that get "left out."



Todd. Where would I be without Todd? He gives me such love and encouragement. He loves to play Blokus (NOT), and has found a new best camping friend (ask him about him). I love to just spend time together, working on projects or just hanging out. He's a man's man and tackled that 250-lb oil tank in the basement this weekend and it is now in pieces on the driveway waiting to be hauled away. We now have a new place for coats and shoes (probably not too exciting for you, but it doesn't take very much to get me excited!). I am blessed to be his wife of 21-1/2 years!



Family... The more I live and speak to other people, the more thankful I am for my extended family. Wonderful parents, in-laws, brothers, sisters. God is so good!


Friends... We met Tom and Kerrie 12 years ago when we moved to Berne. We've shared times of joy and times of sorrow. It's so nice to have a friendship that it solid and secure. There is such freedom in our relationship to be who we are, together or apart, and know that there is always who is praying for us! I have acquired a whole new set of girlfriends over the year and a half who are in my small group. We just finished up "The Power of a Praying Woman," and are having a pajama party this week and then will be starting "Battlefield of the Mind" next week. It's a wonderful group of ladies, young and old, that God has brought together for this season. We laugh, we eat, we cry, we pray - we're women, what else do you expect?


Thank you, God, for my MANY blessings!

No comments: