Friday, January 11, 2008

The Gift of Life

I just have to share this amazing testimony! We have had the privilege of praying for Owen for the past year and a half. Owen turns 1-year-old this month, and is the grandson of the children's director at our church.

Owen was diagnosed with spina bifida while in utero, and the doctor's prognosis was discouraging. He was also diagnosed with a cleft palate and possible genetic issues. From the day of the diagnosis, Owen's parents rallied the troops in prayer and learned as much as they could about his condition and treatment options for him. Over the past year, Owen has been through many surgeries and hospitalizations, and the doctors have admitted that he has far surpassed their expectations for him.

I had the privilege of seeing this precious little boy on Sunday, and his smile lit up the room. He is a living, breathing miracle!

Now for part two...

I received this e-mail from our children's director yesterday:

Our daughter received this email today and when I got done crying (I) just had to pass it on. God even works through little babies.

Subject: you helped me make the right decision

my daughter was diagnosed with spina bifida last friday. i was leaning towards terminating the pregnancy, but was very unsure. in a moment of desperation i did a search for spina bifida on youtube. i wanted to see what these kids really looked like. your video of owen 0-6months popped up and i watched the whole thing and cried my eyes out. then i watched it again, then made my husband watch it with me. i just want you to know that you and your beautiful little boy have inspired me and have helped me to see that my baby is not a freak of nature. she is a perfect little girl. and i am keeping my baby. god bless you and owen.
lola

Here is the link to her ultrasound video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXUuGsNLjWA
How cool is that! You never know what God will use.
Jen
(Owens's mom)

We serve an amazing God!

No comments: