Sunday, January 6, 2008

December Wrap-Up

I realize it's been far too long since I have posted. December just kind of got away from me. So I've decided not to belabor the issue and get back on track with a top-10 list for December, from where I left off on my last post, in chronological order:


10. Todd Jr turned 20. I know, it's so hard to believe, especially since I look 29, but yes, it's true! Where has the time gone?
















9. Adam signed his letter of intent for Huntington College. He will be playing soccer with possible majors in Youth Ministry or Recreation and Sports Ministry. He also found out that he has enough credits to graduate after three terms, so he'll be done with high school in March and then will work, and then graduate with his class on June 1st. http://www.huntington.edu/athletics/msoccer/0708/0708Results/McLaughlin_sign.htm

8. Daniel's on again, off again middle school Christmas program. The weather kept us guessing, but we finally caught a break and got to see it. My favorites -- the recorder band and the 12 days of Christmas - 4th grade style.



7. Todd came home from Bethel. The piano has had a work out, and the house has been filled with music. I've enjoy heart-to-heart talks and shopping trips.




6. Mom was able to come and spend two weeks back here. She arrived on Christmas Eve, and left earlier today. It was a wonderful visit!




5. Christmas was, of course, wonderful! If you haven't played Blokus, go get it. It's fun and addicting!


4. Bella's Restaurant on the lake. Come visit us, and we'll take you there!


3. Jigsaw puzzles. I helped mom with one at our house. I think she did about four over at Jeni's. She's a pro.


2. Not being a public speaker by nature, I survived presenting a 3-minute update on our prayer ministry at our church without passing out! Don't tell anyone, but I kind of enjoyed it!


1. New Year's Eve at home. Rachel came over to hang out with Adam, and Tom, Kerrie, Josiah came over to hang out with us. Although I did doze off briefly around 11:00, we decided to bring in the New Year with communion, and thanksgiving for a blessed year. Then we watched the ball drop... and were in bed by 12:10. We are party animals!?!






And so wraps up 2007. God is good!

No comments: