Sunday, August 24, 2008

Todd's a junior, Adam's Freshman Orientation, Daniel and the Dunes


Well Todd left on Wednesday morning to go back to school. I can't believe he's already a junior in college. I'm just simply not old enough to have a son that old! I've been caught in a time warp somewhere. I'm 29 and have a 20 year old. Actually, though, I'm happy to be my age because hopefully along the way I've gained some experience and wisdom - but seriously, when did I get to be 41?

Todd (Sr) and I went to freshman orientation/dedication at Huntington Friday night for Adam. It was a neat service. The worship time was awesome, and then everybody said prayers for everybody else (students, parents, staff) and then it was time to say our goodbyes. Since Adam's already been there for two weeks because of soccer, it wasn't as hard to say goodbye, besides we'll get to see him at soccer games fairly frequently. Speaking of soccer, he's had two games and scored two goals. One game was a friendly alumni match, and the other was a scrimmage against Defiance College. Their first season game is Saturday, Aug. 30 (Adam's 19th birthday). As part of the freshman "initiation," the freshman are not allowed to shave their moustache until a freshman scores in a season game. They are all hoping someone scores on Saturday because none of them are too thrilled with their cheesy looking upper lips.

Yesterday, Daniel, Todd (Sr) and I took Darcy and went to the Indiana Dunes State Park. The water was beautiful and we were able to hike quite a bit. We played in the water for a while and just enjoyed a day away. It helped to get out of the house for a while. I'm just not quite adjusted to having so few at home. I've gotten really good at freezing half of the meals that I cook. Todd says I need to quit cooking as much, but I haven't been able to do it yet. It always looks like it's not enough, so for now anyway, the freezer is filling up with quick and easy frozen meals. That's a good thing too!

No comments: