Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Weekend Fun

Well... Todd (Sr) and Daniel headed off to Huntington and the Little Turtle Campground at Edward Rousch Lake for a weekend of guy stuff - camping, hiking, fishing, being one with nature :), etc. They had a great time. I'd show you pictures if I could, but there aren't any, so just insert your favorite camping pictures/memories here.

Todd (Jr) and I stayed home and had some time to hang out together which was fun. We made a trip to Logans Steakhouse (our favorite) and did a little shopping on Friday night.

Saturday Todd and I and Rachel headed to Huntington and picked up Todd (Sr) and Daniel at the campground and went to watch Adam don his Huntington jersey for the first time for the team versus alumni game. The team won 2-1, and Adam scored the first goal of his college career. We had a great time!


After the game we along with Josh (Adam's roommate) and family helped move the rest of the guys's stuff into their dorm room. It's a brand new dorm, not even completely finished yet. They've got it configured for maximum leisure space complete with a small couch, and it looks like home. (We left before all the stuff was put away, but at least the beds were made.)



After we unloaded the stuff, we headed off to Don Rafael's Mexican Restaurant for a wonderful meal. I envision many more trips there after soccer games. I have three words for you - Arroz con Pollo. I didn't get it, but Daniel did, and Todd, and Adam, and Tyler (Josh's brother), and I wish I did! Next time...

After dinner, we dropped the guys and Rachel off at the dorm. Rachel and Adam hung out for the evening and then he brought her home, so we got to see him at home for a few minutes too. Then we dropped Todd (Sr) and Daniel off at their campground, and Todd and I headed back home. We ended up watching the Obama/McCain question/answer time with Rick Warren, which I'm glad we did because it was a great forum to compare and contrast the two candidates (and confirm what I already knew).

Sunday, the guys came back and we had some family time, went walking on the River Greenway in Bluffton (3+ miles) and ate at my favorite (fast food) place - Wendy's. For some reason, I am hooked on Wendy's these days and can usually talk the family into it once a week or so.



And so, Sunday marked the end of summer vacation for Daniel... and us... Here he is eating his breakfast before school Monday morning. His first day of fifth grade went well. We're off to a good start!

No comments: