Monday, August 11, 2008

Summer ReWind

Here I go again... I have such big plans for keeping this thing updated, and then life happens, and happens, and happens. So, in an effort to keep this from being novel length, I will hit a few highlights of the past few weeks...


Todd did come back from Myrtle Beach and had a wonderful time with Ashley and her family. It was the dream vacation that we didn't take this year (or last year, for that matter)...

Adam was home from Kenya for a few weeks and left yesterday for college. My heart hurts... but more on that to come.


Daniel came home from came and had a wonderful first experience, and yes, indeed, did feel a little more grown up upon his return. This is the last week of summer vacation, and he starts school next Monday. Where did July go???


Here are some of my favorite summer memories, complete with pictures...





Here comes Adam... Back in the U.S. of A!




















In lieu of vacation this summer, we had a family fun weekend complete with eating out at some of our favorite places, bowling at Crazy Pinz, watching Prince Caspian at the $1 (and I really mean $1 theater), and arcade games where Adam won an Ipod Shuffle (knock-off) which works like a charm and is great for running. It was a lot of fun. Josiah got to go with us one of the days and Rachel the other.


When we weren't out having a totally fun family time, here's how the guys spent some of their time at home...








What is it, you might ask?? Think back...no farther back... a little more...Are you in the 90's yet? From the original Sega - Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. I used to like to play those games with them when I actually had a chance at winning once in a while. And now, the competition is just too stiff, and I'm happy to be the photographer, or if I do play, comic relief. Win-win for me...
Summer has gone by way too fast...

No comments: